Zucchini makes the perfect substitute for pasta when you want more nutrients and fewer processed carbs. The more greens you toss into your pesto, the more flavor and polyphenols your getting, so go crazy!
Makes 2 servings - Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Zoodles:
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup chopped kale
1 medium zucchini, spiralized or sliced with a vegetable peeler into long strands (aka the zoodles!)
Ingredients for the Greens Pesto:
1 scoop of Organic Pressed Greens
1 bunch parsley, ends trimmed
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Sea salt to taste
- Prepare the pesto by combining all of the ingredients into a food processor and blending until creamy and smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the kale and stir frequently, cook until it begins to wilt.
- Add the zoodles and cook until tender, this should take about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat down to low. Add the pesto and cook, stirring, until the zoodles are evenly coated.
- Divide the zoodles between two bowls and enjoy immediately!
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for direct, individual medical treatment or advice. It is the responsibility of you and your healthcare providers to make all decisions regarding your health. We recommend that you consult with your healthcare providers regarding the diagnosis and treatment of any disease or condition. Products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.