White Fish Lettuce Tacos with Pico de Gallo
Servings: 2 Created by: Chef Dana
- White fish of your choice (2-4 skinless boneless filets)
- Chili powder for spice if desired
- Himalayan salt and pepper
- Butter leaf lettuce (aka Boston bibb) Green or red cabbage
- Lemon wedge
- Coconut oil for cooking
White Fish Instructions:
Cut fish filets down to strips to fit in individual lettuce wraps. In a bowl season fish with salt, pepper, and chili powder (optional). Thinly shave the cabbage. Wash and clean butter lettuce, leaving the leaves whole.
Sear fish in coconut oil, flipping halfway (about 2-3 minutes each side). Set aside on clean plate when done. Build the taco with 1-2 butter lettuce leaves, place the seared fish on half and shredded cabbage on the other half. Top with pico de gallo recipe below. on top, and a squeeze of lemon to finish the taco.
Pico de Gallo Instructions:
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- Jalapeno or any fresh chili of your choice depending on your spice level 1 small garlic clove
- Cilantro to taste
- Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Small dice tomatoes and onions. Mince chili pepper. Mince or grate garlic clove. Combine all, and add in sliced cilantro as desired. Season tacos with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.