Rooted Salad & Lamb Burger
Servings: 1 Recipe Inspired By Dr. Deanna Minich
- 2 handfuls roughly chopped red and green leaf lettuce or mixed lettuce blend
- 1 tablespoon sliced red onion
- 4 small radishes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
To make the avocado-based dressing, use an electric hand mixer or food processor to mix together all the avocado vinaigrette ingredients.
Place all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Spoon the avocado vinaigrette dressing over the salad. Vegans: serve the salad tossed with the kidneys or place them on the side. Omnivores, serve the salad with the following lamb burger.
- 1/3 pound ground organic grass-fed lamb 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of pink himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
In a bowl, mix together the ground lamb, onion, tur- meric, rosemary, pepper and salt until everything is well combined. Form the mixture into a patty.
Heat the olive oil in a pan, and pan fry the burger from 7 to 10 minutes on each side.