These Proteini hot coco bombs take your average mug of coco to a velvety smooth and creamy hot chocolate - plus they're so much fun!
Silicone spherical molds
6 oz dark chocolate melts, chocolate chips, or chopped bar chocolate
1/3 cup Vegan Vanilla Proteini
1/4 cup cacao powder or hot cocoa mix
Toppings of choice - chopped nuts, sprinkles, etc.
2 oz dark chocolate melts of dark chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling
- Melt chocolates using a double boiler on the stove. If you prefer the microwave, heat the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on low for 30 seconds - stir and microwave again in 15 second intervals, stirring between, until fully melted.
- Using a spoon or pastry brush, fully coat the inside of a half-sphere mold with chocolate. Transfer to the freezer to harden for 5 minutes, then coat with a second layer of melted chocolate. (Concentrate especially around the edges and sides to thicken the shell.
- Place in the freezer once more until firm, around another 5 minutes. Repeat as needed if there are any thin spots or holes.
- Gently remove the chocolate half-spheres from the molds. Place half of the half-spheres in cupcake cups to hold them steady, and fill with 1 tablespoon of Vegan Vanilla and 1/2 tablespoon of cacao powder or hot cocoa mix.
- Add in toppings of your choice, as well as any additional fillings you would like to include.
- Microwave a microwave-safe plate for 90 seconds. One at a time, take one of the remaining unfilled half-spheres and gently press and twist on the hot plate to melt and smooth the edges.
- Place on top of a filled half-sphere to create a whole sphere. (If any gaps remain, use a butter knife to gently fill cracks and creases with melted chocolate from the hot plate.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate and top with additional mini marshmallows, or decorate as desired.
- To serve, place a hot coco bomb in a mug and pour over very hot nut milk or hot water to melt the bomb. Stir to combine and enjoy!