Why World Vegetarian Day Should Be Everyday
With World Vegetarian Day coming up (October 1st), we thought we’d refresh your memory on some of the benefits of going vegetarian. World Vegetarian Day was founded by the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and further endorsed by the International Vegetarian Society in 1978. Here are several reasons why more and more people choose to eliminate (or at least reduce) meat consumption every day, and why you should consider changing your diet. We encourage you to try out vegetarianism- at least for the month of October!
As we said before, there are several different reasons to go meatless. Whether you resonate more with the health benefits or the environmental benefits- you’ll be making a positive change in your life.
- Health Benefits of Vegetarianism
- Lowered cholesterol
- Lowered blood pressure
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Increased fiber and phytonutrients in your diet due to higher fruit and veggie intake
- Avoid toxic chemicals (found in pesticides) used to preserve meat and fish products
- Environmental Protection Through Vegetarianism
- Decreased amount of animal waste runoff in regards to animal agriculture
- Decreased deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions (release of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere)
- Decreased water usage in regards to animal agriculture
- Increased preservation of precious resources
Decreasing the number of processed foods and heavy meats you consume will significantly benefit your overall mind and body wellness. In addition to health and environmental benefits, vegetarianism also saves animals from suffering in farm-factory conditions.
If you eat meat daily and going meatless isn’t realistic for you, we hope we’ve at least convinced you to cut down meat consumption to a couple times a week. Otherwise, if you’re considering switching your diet, good luck! We’ve got just the starting place for you.
We here at Smart Pressed Juice are proud that all of our products are Certified Vegan so that you know you know your consumption is harmless to animals as well as the environment. For more SMART lifestyle tips like this, visit http://www.smartpressedjuice.com and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or like us on Facebook. You can also visit our Amazon store to stock up on our delicious juices.