SMART Clean Superfood Recipe- Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
The New Year is off to a fast start! One of the things we have to watch out for is keeping our diets clean and smart despite our hectic schedules. In between all the appointments, meetings and errands, we need to make time to eat foods that nourish and replenish our bodies. That’s why we created a recipe archive of delicious, chef-designed clean meals for our juicers. This meal is the perfect to make during your Smart Pressed Juice Cleanse, else part of your healthy maintenance program. After all, who doesn’t want to lose and keep that holiday weight off!
Today we are going to feature one of the best plant-based meals you can have. Perfect for the busy, active lifestyle, this meal is completely balanced for protein, fiber and nutrients. Even better, this meal is jam-packed with the nutrients that are perfect for healing those sore muscles from the Smart New Year workouts you’ve been doing! We are (really) proud to present the mighty superfood quinoa bowl. Quinoa is one of nature’s perfect superfoods, bursting with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. It is one of the few complete plant proteins that occur in nature, meaning that it contains all 9 essential amino acids, (including high amount of lysine, which helps promote workout recovery). We are so in love with quinoa that we put it into two of our superfood juices!
The best thing about putting together a bowl is that you can literally throw in any leftover protein or vegetables you have handy and still get all the delicious nutrients without skimping on the flavor. Here is an easy recipe for those who want a quick and delicious superfood meal on the go.
This dish is made up of 5 delicious superfood components: Chile-lime Kale, quinoa, garlic roasted broccoli, roasted sriracha chickpeas, and curry roasted sweet potatoes.
The roasted vegetables are definitely the show-stopper in this meal! You can use the same baking sheet to roast all the veggies at the same time and prepare the quinoa while they are in the oven. This recipe should take about 10 minutes to prep, and 20 minutes to cook. Should be a quick option for one of your clean meals while on the cleanse.
Once all your main ingredients are roasted and ready to assemble, the fun part of adding tasty, but clean garnishes comes next! Dress up your bowl with slices of avocado, a dollop of hummus, red pepper flakes, and/or lime! Pile up, and enjoy!
ROASTED VEGGIE QUINOA BOWL
PREP TIME : 10 mins | COOK TIME : 20 mins | TOTAL TIME : 30 mins
Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tsp olive
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- black pepper
Roasted Sriracha & Soy Sauce Chickpeas
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp soy sauce
Curry Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tsp olive
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- pinch salt
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 tsp olive, coconut oil
- juice of ¼ lime
- ½ tsp chili powder
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep your vegetables: chop broccoli into medium sized florets, de-stem and chop the kale, scrub and slice the sweet potato into ¼” wide rounds.
- Massage the broccoli florets with oil, garlic, salt and pepper - make sure to work the ingredients into the tops of the florets. Lay them in a row down the center third of a large baking sheet.
- Using the same bowl you mixed the broccoli in, combine chickpeas, oil, sriracha and soy sauce. Spread them out in a row next to the broccoli.
- In the same bowl combine the oil, curry powder, salt, and sriracha. Add the sliced sweet potato and toss to coat. Lay the rounds on the remaining third of the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the broccoli and sweet potatoes and redistribute the chickpeas to promote even cooking. Bake for another 8-12 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Add rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover and simmer for approx. 15 minutes. Once cooked, fluff and set aside.
- While the quinoa is simmering and the rest of the ingredients are roasting, preheat a large skillet with 1 tsp oil. Add the kale and cook for approx. 3 minutes, or until nearly tender. Add the salt, chili powder, and lime juice. Toss to coat and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls: Scoop ½ to 1 cup of quinoa into each bowl, top with ½ of the broccoli, ½ the chickpeas, ½ kale, and ½ sweet potatoes. Feel free to keep everything separated in the bowl or mix it all together.
Enjoy this perfect Smart clean meal for the New Year. It will keep you on track, keep you nourished and most importantly, keep you SMART and Clean! For those of you wanting that extra boost of plant-based superpowers, consider our line of organic juice powders that proudly feature over 50 different kinds of superfoods! Our Vegan Vanilla Proteini and Pineapple Chia Cleanse are both packed with superfoods like quinoa that are fully nourishing.
For those wanting to take an even bigger step, consider trying an organic juice cleanse to reset your metabolism and your body for best results. You can pick the level of cleanse that you need, from a 1 Day Quick Fix to a 3 Day Fresh Start or even a 7 Day Complete Reboot.
For a limited time, use these promo code SMARTERYOU25 to take 25% off any of our award-winning juice cleanses.
After you complete your juice cleanse, we recommend our smart maintenance program that helps your body keep the results you worked so hard for. For more SMART health tips like this, make sure to visit www.smartpressedjuice.com and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or like us on Facebook. Be sure to visit our Amazon store to stock up on our travel-friendly juices.