Spiced Chickpeas with Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or garbanzo beans (canned ok)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro Dash of apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar Pinch of himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large saute pan, gently heat the coconut oil, then stir in the cumin seeds, heating them for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and saute them for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the chickpeas, stirring until all the ingredients are warmed and blended together.
Remove the pan from heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice, parsley and cilantro. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and vinegar.
Spoon half the chickpeas on a serving plate, alongside a serving of one of the spaghetti squash and rotisserie chicken (optional).
Rotisserie Organic Chicken:
1 organic rotisserie chicken
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 diced yellow onion
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Two dashes of coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar Himalayan
Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
With a fork, shred the two chicken breasts into a small bowl.
In a saute pan, heat coconut oil, stir in the onion and saute for 3 minutes or until translucent. Stir in garlic and cumin seeds, continue to stir. Add the shredded chicken breasts. Heat through and then remove from heat. Add fresh parsley and a few dashes of coconut or apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.