There's something so fun and versatile about making a kebab. Enjoy this mixed-veggie kebab with any dish, any time!
Makes 3 servings (6 kebabs) - Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: 15 minutes
(Note: skewers can be purchased at almost any grocery store, and if you purchase wooden or bamboo skewers be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes so they do not burn when cooking)
2 small zucchini, cut crosswise into 3/4 inch-thick slices
2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
3 tablespoons tea seed oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Dried oregano (optional)
Garlic powder (optional)
1/4 cup raw sauerkraut (store-bought or homemade)
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers don't forget to soak them in water for 30 minutes (see Note).
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, oil, salt, and black pepper. Season with oregano and garlic powder, if desired. Toss well to coat all of the veggies.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers in any order you prefer.
- Broil until the vegetables start to brown, this should take around 8-10 minutes, turning the kebabs once halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with sauerkraut on the side and enjoy!