It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day for you to share this steamy rice bowl for two from a large decorative bowl with two pairs of chopsticks.
Makes 2 servings - Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: 45 minutes
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2/3 cup uncooked brown rice
1/4 pound chicken tenderloins or 4 ounces tofu, cubed
2 cups broccoli florets
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
1 sheet toasted nori, cut or torn into small pieces
1/4 cup 100% orange juice
1/2 teaspoon barley miso
- Combine broth, 2/3 cup water, rice, and chicken (if using) in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is almost tender (around 35 minutes)
- Scatter broccoli and carrots over rice mixture, cover, and continue to cook until vegetables are tender (about 6 to 8 minutes more).
- Transfer broccoli and carrots to a plate, then shred chicken or add tofu, stirring it into the rice.
- Spoon the rice and chicken into a large bowl and nicely arrange the broccoli, carrots, pepper, avocado, and nori on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and miso. Drizzle over the bowl, or serve on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for direct, individual medical treatment or advice. It is the responsibility of you and your healthcare providers to make all decisions regarding your health. We recommend that you consult with your healthcare providers regarding the diagnosis and treatment of any disease or condition. Products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.