This quinoa dish is so unique and flavorful, filling you up without leaving you bloated and weighed down. The light peas and roasted asparagus pairs perfectly with the soft texture of the quinoa!
Makes 4 servings - Prep time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 25 minutes
3 green tea bags
3 cups hot water
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup uncooked quinoa, well rinsed and drained
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Ground black pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place the tea bags in a bowl with the hot water. Steep the tea for 8 to 10 minutes, then remove and discard the tea bags. Set the brewed tea aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the asparagus pieces on the prepared baking pan. Roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned on the edges. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa, garlic, ginger, and steeped tea in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low, dover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the tea is absorbed and the quinoa and peas are cooked. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions and asparagus.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa into serving bowls and top with sesame seeds and black pepper. Serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!