The combo of creamy cauliflower and cannellini beans is the best prescription for a cold wintery day. Pair this flavorful soup with crunchy garlic croutons for a hearty meal either on its own or with your favorite sides!
Makes 4 servings - Prep time: 25 minutes - Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Soup:
2 cups white onion, diced
1/2 cup garlic, chopped
7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
4 cups cauliflower florets
1/2 cup white Japanese sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 (15oz) can white cannellini beans, strained and rinsed well
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1½ tablespoons onion powder
1½ tablespoons garlic powder
Sea salt to taste
Ingredients for the Croutons:
4 slices whole grain bread, cubed
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Splash of low-sodium vegetable broth
- Place a large soup pot on medium-high heat. When the pot is heated add the onion and dry-sauté until the onion begins to stick to the pan and becomes slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir well, allowing everything to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth to unstick the onions and garlic from the pan, and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining soup ingredients and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for around 12 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it becomes smooth and creamy. Note: if you don't have an immersion blender feel free to (carefully) dump everything into a blender, blend until smooth, and return to the pot!
- Place the pot on low heat and continue to cook the soup for an additional 5-8 minutes, allowing the soup to reduce slightly. Season with sea salt to taste.
- For the Croutons: preheat the oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, toss the cubed bread with the spices and add a splash of the vegetable broth (it will help allow the spices to stick). Place them on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 4-6 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove the croutons and enjoy with your delicious soup!
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for direct, individual medical treatment or advice. It is the responsibility of you and your healthcare providers to make all decisions regarding your health. We recommend that you consult with your healthcare providers regarding the diagnosis and treatment of any disease or condition. Products sold on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.