What’s So Great About Chia Seeds?
You may have heard the hype about chia seeds and wondered what all the fuss was about. If you’ve never had them before, it’s now time to add the tiny seeds that helped sustain Aztec warriors for hours to your own diet. If you’re doing a juice cleanse, it’s the perfect time to try our Pineapple Chia Cleanse because it is packed with antioxidants and lots of healing power.
So, what’s so great about chia seeds? Here are some of the benefits of eating the protein-packed superfood regularly:
· Your skin will look amazing. The amount of natural phenolic or antioxidants in the seeds helps prevent damage caused by free radicals. The skin is able to repair itself and also keep it from being harmed worse. Premature aging becomes less of a problem because chia seeds are also known to fight inflammation.
· The digestive system works more optimally. Packed with 11 grams of fiber per ounce, chia seeds help with regularity and appetite. They fill you up, so you’re likely to eat less. Chia also serves as a prebiotic which helps the healthy bacteria grow in your gut.
· Your heart is healthier. These mighty seeds can help lower blood pressure, keep cholesterol levels in check, and inflammation. Thanks to the linoleic acid, chia makes it easier for men and women to absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K, too. Omega-3 fatty acids are highly recommended by medical experts and this is one way to get them without taking a fish oil supplement.
· Balanced Blood Sugar. Studies have shown that chia seeds help reduce insulin resistance in diets where large amounts of sugar are consumed. People with diabetes can improve their condition, too, by making chia part of their regular diet.
· Your energy levels skyrockets and your metabolism gets a boost. Chia helps burn belly fat and gives you energy. When drinking beverages with chia seeds, runners were able to maintain the same level of endurance compared to sports beverages. More importantly, they’re getting added fiber when they drink the chia drink opposed to Gatorade or Powerade.
- It strengthens your bones. You get a whopping 18% of your daily recommended intake of calcium with one ounce of chia seeds that you consume. It’s a great way to strengthen your bones and teeth especially if you primarily eat a plant-based diet. You get boron in your body, too, which helps metabolize other minerals and nutrients such as magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus.
Now that you know what’s great about chia seeds, you can find ways to incorporate them into your diet following your juice cleanse. You can make chia water, chia pudding, and even energy balls that contain chia seeds. You can also add them to your juices and smoothies for added health benefits.
For more SMART lifestyle tips like this, visit http://www.smartpressedjuice.com and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or like us on Facebook. You can also visit our Amazon store to stock up on our delicious juices